Chimerica’s run at the Almeida has been critically acclaimed, and those of us who missed now it have the opportunity to see it at the Harold Pinter theatre.
“A gripping multi-layered thriller. A triumph” Time Out
A gloriously rich, astonishingly mind-expanding play. If we see a better new play this year, we’ll be extremely lucky’ Guardian
“A landmark production” Evening Standard
From the Almeida: “Tiananmen Square, 1989. As tanks roll through Beijing and soldiers hammer on his hotel door, Joe – a young American photojournalist – captures a piece of history. When a cryptic message is left in a Beijing newspaper more than 20 years later, Joe is driven to discover the truth behind the unknown hero he captured on film. Who was he? What happened to him? And could he still be alive?
- Chimerica, Almeida Theatre – theatre review (standard.co.uk)
- Chimerica at Islington’s Almeida Theatre (australiantimes.co.uk)
- Lucy Kirkwood’s play Chimerica decodes the China crisis (metro.co.uk)
- Chimerica – review (guardian.co.uk)
- Chimerica, Almeida, review (telegraph.co.uk)
- Legit Review: ‘Chimerica’ (variety.com)